Positioning and Installing the Magnetic X-brace
The ToneWoodAmp installation is quick and tool-free, leaving no permanent impact on your guitar. To ensure successful installation, please watch the video on Positioning your TWA, and Installing the X-brace..
The X-Brace is a four-magnet unit connected in an X shape, securely attached internally to the back of your instrument using semi-permanent 3M adhesive foam (removable with care). Before applying the adhesive, it's important to perform a "dry" test fitting.
Here's how to install the X-Brace after positioning the ToneWoodAmp:
- Loosen your guitar strings with the TWA taped in place for easy access to the sound-hole.
- Insert the X-Brace through the sound-hole as a test to feel the strength of the magnets and make sure you can easily access the area for installation.
- Once attached, check to make sure the brace is properly aligned with the ToneWoodAmp on the other side. - adjust as needed. Once satisfied, proceed to step 4.
- Remove the protective layer from the four magnets and insert the X-Brace through the sound-hole.
- While the ToneWoodAmp remains secured, allow the magnets to slowly snap into position, applying firm pressure for at least 10 seconds. Ensure all four magnets make contact.
- Tighten your strings and tune your guitar.
- Remove the tape from the back of the guitar.
Once installed, attaching and detaching the ToneWoodAmp will be simple. You can purchase additional X-Braces on our Order page for use with multiple guitars.