Sampling Other Instruments Through The ToneWoodAmp
ToneWoodAmp Artist Jake Allen - Like and follow Jake Allen on Facebook!
How To Use The ToneWoodAmp With An iDevice
This 1/8' TRS jack (also called mini stereo) lets you interface an IOS device (such as an iPhone or iPad)
to utilize guitar effect and MIDI apps.
NOTE: IOS device connectivity requires an iDevice adapter (sold separately).
To connect to an IOS device:
1. Connect the iDevice adapter to your IOS device.
2. Connect the 1/8' cable to the female end of the adapter.
3. Insert the other end into the 1/8-in TRS jack on the ToneWoodAmp.
4. Launch the desired app(s) and enjoy experimenting.
With an IOS device plugged into the ToneWoodAmp, you can choose whether its signal will go
through the ToneWoodAmp’s effects or not:
• Parallel Mode (default): The IOS device signal does not flow through the ToneWoodAmp’s effects.
• Serial Mode: the IOS device signal is routed through the ToneWoodAmp’s effects.
To choose Parallel or Serial Mode:
1. Click and hold the Parameters knob for two seconds.
Insert> appears on the display.
2. Turn the Parameters knob to select between Serial and Parallel.
3. Click the Parameters knob to select the desired mode.
To assure that everything will work the first time, please follow these steps:
- Verify that your iDevice is allowing MIDI guitar to access the device’s onboard microphone. Find this in your iDevice’s settings menu
- Quit any active applications on your iDevice.
- Make sure no Bluetooth audio devices are connected to your iDevice, as this will possibly interfere with communication between the guitar and the device.
- Turn on your TWA.
- Plug the short iDevice adapter into your iDevice.
- Connect the long ⅛-inch cable, one end to the iDevice adapter, and the other end to the ⅛-inch mini-plug insert on the TWA.
- Launch the SampleTank application.
- Once SampleTank (or any other MIDI app) is running, launch the MIDI Guitar app, touch the field to the right of MIDI OUTPUT ROUTE and select VIRTUAL MIDI OUTPUT or SAMPLETANK FULL (or FREE)
Watch the SampleTank tutorial video:
Setting up Multi and Split Layers - If you'd like to utilize more than one backing instrument simultaneously while using your TWA with SampleTank, this video will demonstrate how to do so.
Learn about MIDI Guitar for iOS here: http://www.jamorigin.com/products/midi-guitar-for-ios/