Chorus in Beta Testing.

*UPDATE 12-11-17*

Beta testing is CLOSED for this round. We open it back up soon to test the final revisions before being released to the public. 

*UPDATE 10-26-17*

We are starting our second round of Beta testing for the new Chorus effect and Firmware. This round will be limited to 60 users for now.

This update requires a MicroUSB DATA cable and computer with internet access.

If you are interested in beta testing, please submit a support ticket. We will be accepting beta testers until the quota is full.

For other users who want to wait until the release is final, we will attempt to notify you when this feature is available. Make sure to sign up for our newsletter so you will be notified!

Thanks,

TWA Team.

16 people like this

Nothing just yet, but shoot us an email at support@tonewoodamp.com and we'll get you set up, Jonathan.

Hi, I am one of the beta testers (lucky few) who got a chance to test new firmware and give feedback.. just downloaded the later TWA updater.. ok, the later updater requires you update to latest firmware v2.677ee21 and afterward you can replace ‘ovrdrv’ with 'chorus', the updater also allows you to restore to factory settings or keep your own settings (this is great feature). Anyways fellow beta testers is it the same with you? So far I haven’t have enough time to put latest firmware through its pace.. but it seems stable and I see little to no bugs or glitches, but hey maybe that’s just me. Hope all is well with you all.
Just wanted some clarification on the upcoming chorus effect. I know that you will have an upgrade for users that purchased the previous models but once the chorus effect is a go will you be shipping the new models with the effect already loaded on? Or would I have to order the TWA and then do the upgrade myself? Personally, I hate having to mess with all that upgrade stuff and would rather purchase it with it already loaded on.

Jim, TWA will be a downloadable update. We won't be shipping units with chorus. However, you can reach out to us at support@tonewoodamp.com for assistance if that's something you don't feel comfortable with doing on your own.

Hello all

I just purchased my TWA recently. Would love to try out the Chorus effect. Any timelines when it would be out of beta and available for all?

Moses

Not just yet, unfortunately. Moses, shoot us an email and we'll get you set up.

Hi fellas, I have tried to contact tech support regarding chorus installation but was brushed off with the reply that it will be released very soon, this was a few months ago. Kinda upset ;(

Dmitri, please reach out to us at support@tonewoodamp.com and we'd be happy to get you set up with chorus.

Forget about chorus. The thing will be obsolete by the time they do it.

I've been very busy (and so not frequenting the discussion board), and patiently awaiting the chorus offering. Am I reading that it IS available to download?

Do you send me a link? Or how does one go about the download?

Bernie, I sent you a link and instructions on running the chorus update. Rick, if you'd like chorus, reach out!

So does the chorus have reverb built into it?
Well said. What’s really holding this up. A little explanation would be helpful. Thanks. 

Besides Chorus, many other changes are coming and they will all be rolled out together when ready. If you'd like chorus now, please email us at support@tonewoodamp.com and of course you can update again once everything's official.

Scott, yes it does!

Just have to chip in here and say I've just done a firmware update, factory reset and chorus install, and whilst I didn't think it would be possible to keep wowing me with the TWA's pure awesomeness....well that's exactly what you've done here. Like some others, I've never been particularly attracted to the chorus effect but what this implementation does is so much more than I expected. It is somehow giving a really nice extra bassy warmth to the whole tone of my 27-year-old Maton. Hats off to you guys once again. I'll buy whatever your TWA hardware version 2 ends up being, sight unseen after this magical customer satisfaction. More thumbs up than I have thumbs !!! cheers, Ian

Login or Signup to post a comment