Amplified sound

Does this actually amplify the dry guitar sound through the body or just amplify the wet fx to blen with the guitars acoustics? Without fx would this increase the volum output of the guitar? How loud is it? ( I know this last one is impossible to answer but...)

ToneWoodAmp was not designed to amplify the guitar but rather augment its sound. Nevertheless, because TWA adds effects on top of a guitar's natural sound, there is a slight boost in volume which is dependent on your playing style and the effects you choose. Muting the effects would mute the TWA unless in D.I. Mode.

i.e.: If you play solo lines or fingerstyle and use a generous amount of reverb, there will be an added boost of about 3 - 6 Db. On the other hand, if you are strumming hard, there will be 0 - 3 Db of an added boost.

In a situation where you may need more that that, we advise you to pair your ToneWoodAmp with an amplifier. This will serve as a powerful pre-amp/Multi-effect processor offering you more flexibility in sound. Ranging from a nice clean acoustic tone with reverb to a fully electric hardcore overdrive, you will have endless options. 

Login or Signup to post a comment