Semi-hollow guitars?

Hello I just got the TWA for Christmas and really love it on my acoustic. I also own a Taylor T5Z semi-hollow electric-acoustic hybrid and can’t stop thinking how cool it would be to put the TWA on there. Has anyone had any experience installing this thing on a semi hollow electric?

Hello! We have an artist, Larry Mitchell, who plays a Godin thinline electric/acoustic with no traditional soundholes. It's may not be the most finish friendly, so certainly take heed, but Industrial Strength Velcro is working great to keep his TWA held fast to his guitar and it functions exactly as it should. 

I have a TWA mounted on my T5Z. I removed one side of the tonewood's micro stickie strip and put 3m's automotive emblem tape in it's place. Works perfectly! TWA battery changes are slightly less convenient (but not hard). Depending on the case you use you may have issues but otherwise it's pretty awesome all around. (FWIW: I use a T5 case for my T5z and everything fits nicely in the case without having to removed the TWA).

Awesome, thank you for the tip!

Login or Signup to post a comment