LR bags M1 wicked feedback !!

So I have had the twa for over 2-3 years... I’ve always had the fishman neo and that has worked great, I bought a new acoustic and a LR Baggs M1 non powered pick up. When I play it the feedback is tremendous within the first note! I could play the fishman on full with no feedback but I think the M1 is a different animal... I have to turn the twa down to 15 instead of 22 so I only get 1/2 volume at normal playability level! What’s the scoop dr? Anyone else use both? I love my hall setting with reverb and don’t want to change it so please don’t suggest I loose my should.. Thanks - Jamie The M1 is unpowered.. like the fishman ..

Hey, Jamie! The Neo-D is a fairly low output pickup and requires boosting the Master Gain on TWA almost all the way up.

You'll want to drop the Master Gain level to a point that suits the hotter output from the M1. Here's a video on setting Mater Gain. https://support.tonewoodamp.com/a/solutions/articles/17000016254

Beautiful .. thx I’ll chx it out

Hi Jamie,

I use my TWA with 2 different guitars and pickup systems. A Seagull Artist Studio with an LR-Baggs Anthem and a Taylor GS-Mini with an LR-Baggs M1A (active version).

Both work extremely well but need different settings. The TWA lets you save settings for more than 1 Guitar Pickup system. When you find out what works best for a particular Guitar/pickup just save it and recall it whenever you use that particular system. A magnetic system should be fairly easy to control. Basically it's just a case of trial and error. I'm sure you'll come to terms with it. 

Nicolas has given you a link to the Master Gain Video. That should help. I would also advise you to check out the other informative videos available regarding the TWA.

Have fun trying out the possibilities.

Tony

Thank you for the tips, Tony!

Login or Signup to post a comment