Favorite/Preferred or "Perfect" settings

Hi All, I am newer to the TWA (not even 1 month yet) but am, as you must all be, truly amazed and in love with it, and my acoustic guitar again! I know that all guitars sounds are highly individual and therefor many settings that would work spectacularly well for one guitar might not even be pleasant on another. I get that, but, but I have a favor to ask. Would you consider a thread for those of us who are seeking a detailed listing of a "voicing" on your guitar and your TWA that REALLY works for you and sharing it with the rest of us?? Many could be benefited. I may have something that works that a fine-tuning you have created on your TWA would improve my own enjoyment in playing my own. Variations are good! PLEASE? LOLOL

We might consider a format like this if you like it. More details are better I think. I'll give the first one a try as an example/format:  (Could copy/paste and re-fill data if you like this idea)

My Guitar:           Dean Electric/Acoustic w/steel strings. No mods changes from standard. Stand alone. No pedals/amps/pre-amps.

EQ settings:        Flat

Volume setting:   30%+-

TWA settings:   (for example purposes)

Effect:                  Delay

Speed:                11

Reverb:                 9

Volume:               20

Gain:                     9

What do you think?  You willing share a tone that make you smile knowing you've given a smile to another??  Thanks in advance!  Blessings.   

OK I will start this thread with the first one. One I am enjoying currently is:

TWA settings:  

Effect:                 Plate

predly:                   0

hi cut:                  10

decay  :               19

gain:                      9

volume:                 20

What do you think?  You willing share a tone setting that makes you smile knowing you've given a smile to another??  Thanks in advance!  Blessings. 

John - I agree. It would be great for people to share preferred settings. Your format is good, but I would add the style of playing and music genres as optional fields as well. Also, there are different setting categories for each type of effect

Reverb (Hall, Room, Plate), Delay, Tremelo, Leslie, Auto-Wah

My Guitar:           Fender Sonoran. No mods changes from standard. No pedals/amps/pre-amps. Nothing special - made in China. Good deep sound, however.

Style:                   Flat picking, some double stops. Strumming behind vocals. Some lead playing.

Music Genres:     Pop, blues, rock, folk, country

EQ settings:        Flat

Volume setting:   50%

TWA settings:   

Effect:                  Plate Reverb

Decay:                25

Pre-delay:           03

Hi cut :                12

Volume:               20

Gain:                   10

A database or spreadsheet of these would be great. We could do so as a file and continually add to it. 

What do you think?

Mike

p.s. - there are recommended/default settings in the Effects video - 3.2

https://support.tonewoodamp.com/support/solutions/articles/17000024229-effects-overview-video-

Thanks for the post. I see a few videos on youtube. mostly product demo stuff. but they only say they are using the delay or reverb. they don't show the setting numbers I did find a chorus demo that shows the settings on the screen. a few more like this would be helpful. I love the device. it is so much fun. I have been playing for a long time with only moderate improvement over the years. my acoustic sounds so much better with this thing it is motivating me to practice more. I just think I'd like a few favorite settings for certain songs or progressions  

Hello ,I am new to TWA and have enjoyed the new acoustic experience since I got it for Christmas.  I have a Taylor 214ce that i installed the device on and wanted to see if you have any tips about placement on the curved back. I followed the 1 /77" measurement for dreadnought placement. Should I place the device up higher so it can get better sound transfer and suction? I did notice that when I installed it 1/77" from the bottom up the center rubber actuator doesn't sit flat on the back? should it lay flat on the back? will this effect the transfer of sound if it isn't? I appreciate all the help and look forward to hearing back from you, thanks again. Happy New Year!

I received this reply from John that was intended to be posted here. I'm pasting his message below:

Daniel I love this new toy as well! Mind sharing what the settings are that you saw/found for Chorus that you enjoy? I just reset all my settings back to factory and added the Chorus feature. I found I like the factory settings just fine mostly. My guitar needed a fine-tuning on volume/gain - (down) as was slightly too hot and clipped a lot until either brought my instrument volume down or left my guitar on 50% volume setting and alternatively brought these two settings down slightly until clipping stopped. Great improvement on the sound right??  Later!

Thank you Nicholas! Sorry for the trouble.  Sorry David too!  Yikes??  NOT too harmonious!

Daniel, I love this new toy as well! Mind sharing what the settings are that you saw/found for Chorus that you enjoy? I just reset all my settings back to factory and added the Chorus feature. I found I like the factory settings just fine mostly. My guitar needed a fine-tuning on volume/gain - (down) as was slightly too hot and clipped a lot until either brought my instrument volume down or left my guitar on 50% volume setting and alternatively brought these two settings down slightly until clipping stopped. Great improvement on the sound right??  Later!

Daniel I love this new toy as well! Mind sharing what the settings are that you saw/found for Chorus that you enjoy? I just reset all my settings back to factory and added the Chorus feature. I found I like the factory settings just fine mostly. My guitar needed a fine-tuning on volume/gain - (down) as was slightly too hot and clipped a lot until either brought my instrument volume down or left my guitar on 50% volume setting and alternatively brought these two settings down slightly until clipping stopped. Great improvement on the sound right??  Later!

It's on the tonewood Facebook page

Hey, Brenton! Sorry for the late reply, it's been a hectic holiday/NAMM season.

On a Taylor, you'll want to install the TWA as close to the edge of the guitar as possible so it'll sit flat!

Nicholas Quintana, are you in tech support? I have the same problem with my Taylor 214. If you are in tech support, why didn't the video manuals state that Taylor 214s, a very popular model, should be closer to the edge? I'd like 4 more adhesives. 

Hi Ned, we are working on updating our video manual and that is info that we plan on including. In the mean time, I'm attaching a Taylor Tips and Tricks guide to this post.

Send me an email at support@tonewoodamp.com with your address and I'd be happy to get you additional pads for your X-Brace.

Daniel  that video capture was great thank you!  Good add. Going to try it out now!

Login or Signup to post a comment